This has a very firm support system with a “do not disturb” individually pocketed innerspring but with a layer of high-density plush foam and a 1.5″ super soft quilted top. This mattress has a unique feel that is both firm and supportive yet plush right on top on both sides!
We held a contest a while back asking customers to send us pictures of their oldest Murmaid made mattresses in their home and we got so many pictures of our Lindsey Line two-sided mattresses that we decided to make a line of mattresses just like we did 20 years ago with heavy duty innerspring, heavy duty dense foams and fibers and mattresses that can be flipped. The Chickamaugas use a very firm and supportive individually pocketed spring system that is both technologically advanced and super supportive just like they used to make them.
Features and benefits:
These are mattresses made the old fashion way, with heavy duty springs and padding on both sides so you can flip your mattress if you want to.
- We make several of these mattresses with the exact same innerspring and heavy-duty layers of padding exactly like we did 20 years ago.
- We don’t put any memory foam or specialty foams and fibers in these, but we do use heavy duty layers of mattress padding and a premium innerspring for durability and support.
Pocketed Coil Technology
- Individually pocketed spring that act independently of each other and are not linked together with a helical wire to create a sleep surface that not only provides individualized comfort but increased pressure relief and conformability.
- Individually pocketed spring systems provide the least amount of motion transference of any “spring” mattress.
- Glued on insulator pad that keeps the springs from migrating and “leaking” down into the foundation.
Caliber Edge Technology
- Outer rows of coils are much firmer around the mattress for a supportive edge and creating a larger sleep surface.
- By using firmer springs around the mattress instead of a 3″ foam encasement (rail), more of the mattress can be used as the sleeping surface and it will retain its comfort from edge to edge.
- Offers better support and durability than the traditional foam encased edge.
- Improved air flow and breathability
- Added flexibility on an adjustable bed.
High-Density Layers of Padding
All mattresses have different types of foams to provide certain feels. This is what makes a firm bed firm and what makes a soft bed soft. These layers are for your comfort and support.
- We only use high-density layers of padding. Whether it’s our super soft or extra firm layers of padding, we only use high quality, high-density foam padding.
- The denser the foam is, the more durable it typically is. Our premium foam is heavy, which is a good thing. We use heavier foam than most major name brands so our foam compacts less over a period of time and remain supportive for many years to come.
- Heavy duty insulator pad
- 682 individually pocketed steel coils (tempered with heat and electricity)
- Caliber edge technology
- 1.5″ super soft quilting
- 1.5″high-density plush foam
- 20-year warranty