This is one of our best selling hybrids of all time. Named after the unique and popular section of downtown Chattanooga, this innovative mattress is loaded with specialty foams and has a supple and conforming feel at an incredible value.
Part pocketed coil innerspring and part specialty foam this is from our family of iCool Hybrids.
A hybrid has all the pressure relieving benefits of our memory gel with the more traditional feel and support of an innerspring bed. In short, a hybrid is part memory gel part traditional innerspring and for some is the best of both worlds. You still get the durability, support, pressure relief, buoyancy and temperature regulation of our memory gel but with just a little more bounce from a technologically advanced innerspring.
So, in short, this is where new school technology meets old school technology. These mattresses offer unique feels, support where you need it most and specialty foams that only come with the most premium of mattresses.
Features and benefits:
Hybrid technology is the mix of traditional innerspring and memory gel.
- Hybrids give you all the pressure relieving benefits of memory gel with the more traditional feel of an innerspring mattress. For some people, it’s the best of both worlds.
- All of our hybrids have memory gel. Some have a smooth top where you lay right on the covered piece of memory gel and some have memory foam quilting for added cushioning and pressure relief.
Pocketed coil technology
Individually pocketed spring that act independently of each other and are not linked together with a helical wire to create a sleep surface that not only provides individualized comfort but increased pressure relief and conformability.
- Individually pocketed spring systems provide the least amount of motion transference of any “spring” mattress.
- Glued on insulator pad that keeps the springs from migrating and “leaking” down into the foundation.
Caliber edge technology
- Outer rows of coils are much firmer around the mattress for a supportive edge and creating a larger sleep surface.
- By using firmer springs around the mattress instead of a 3” foam encasement (rail), more of the mattress can be used as the sleeping surface and it will retain its comfort from edge to edge.
- Offers better support and durability than the traditional foam encased edge.
- Improved air flow and breathability
- Added flexibility on an adjustable bed
iCool Memory Gel
Memory gel found in our exclusive iCool collection is the mix of gel (like what is found in premium shoe inserts for cushioning and support) and high-density plant-based memory foam. We mix the two compounds together in their liquid form and bake them out to make memory gel. Memory gel is designed to be a better sleeping surface:
- Memory gel helps to alleviate pressure by cradling your body instead of pushing against your body for superior pressure relief.
- It’s also a more buoyant sleeping surface which allows you to move more easily in (without that “stuck” feeling) and adds overall support for your body.
- Memory gel absorbs excess body heat and disperses it which allows you to sleep at the optimal sleeping temperature.
Memory Foam Quilting
Mattresses either have a smooth cover (the top layer you sleep on) or they are quilted with some sort of design. Quilting is added for looks and comfort.
- We use uniquely designed memory foam that is very dense and durable, yet plush enough to be quilted.
- Not only is it very durable, but this type of quilting adds a unique feel that provides extra cushioning and added pressure relief right on top of the mattresses.
High-Density Layers of Padding
All mattresses have different types of foams to provide certain feels. This is what makes a firm bed firm and what makes a soft bed soft. These layers are for your comfort and support.
- We only use high-density layers of foam padding. Whether it’s our super soft or extra firm layers of padding, we only use high quality, high-density foam padding.
- The denser the foam is, the more durable it typically is. Density is weight per cubic foot and most mattresses have 1.2lb-1.5lb. density foam, but in all of our iCool products we use 2.3lb. foam or better for more support, comfort, and durability.
- 682 individually pocketed steel coils (tempered with heat and electricity)
- Caliber edge technology
- Heavy duty insulator spring cover
- 1.5″ High-density extra plush foam
- 3″ memory gel
- 2″ quilted memory foam cover
- 20-year warranty